Welcome to cheap eat nutrition! Plan is to bring you plenty of affordable recipes and tips for food and diet.
So, it’s probably fair to say that there are many out there who want to have a healthy diet and eat clean. But, damn it’s hard!! Buying organic this, free from that, and this will heal your life in a pot, for dinner is an expensive and not always enjoyable experience!
I believe firmly nutrition is something that is not just for the privileged few, but should be affordable for everyone. There are however a few principles points to the recipes. They will be low carbohydrate, high (healthy) fat and free from wheats and grains. This is NOT just about weight loss but more importantly (yep, I said that), about improving your full overall functionality including mood, energy and looking good on the outside and in.
Cheap eat nutrition Instagram page has a ton of pictures to inspire. On these blog posts though we plan to give the recipe breakdowns, best tips to saving money and the science behind why Im ingesting what it is I’m ingesting!
Hope you lot enjoy..
1. Vegan Protein Balls
– 1 cup of dates, pitted (wash dates thoroughly as they can be pesticide heavy)
– Half a cup of whole almonds (raw)
– 1 to 2 heaped table spoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
– 1 heaped tble spoon of coconut oil
– 1 – 2 heaped table spoons of hemp protein powder
– quarter of a cup of sunflower and/or pumpkin seeds
– 1 – 2 table spoons of MCT oil (instead of coconut oil)
– third of a cup of mixed (or none mixed) nuts of your choosing
– In the food processor, blend almonds until fine
– Melt coconut oil in pan
– Remove almonds and add dates. Depending on strength of blender, add these a few at a time
– Once dates are completely pulped, add almonds, cocoa powder and coconut oil
– blend together, take blender off and scrape the sides and mix up mixture to ensure evenness of mix of ingredients
– Now re-blend, adding other ingredients if you choose
– Once finished, take spoonfuls of mixture and roll into balls of your preferred choice
– stick in the fridge for 30 minutes and bob’s your uncle! 👌