Celeriac brown & mash
Welcome back to cheap and easy low carb healthy recipes that are good for the gut, noggin and pocket!
Today we have the celeriac brown and mash which is a great alternative to starchy potato mash with plenty of flavour.
This lower carb alternative will not spike your blood sugars like spuds. There’s also plenty a vitamins and minerals including vitamin K and Potassium to up your goodness count.
– 1 medium to large celeriac
– 2/3 tble spoons of butter (preferably grass fed)
– 275 ml of boiling water
– 1 stock cube (beef/vegetables)
– Slice celeriac into thin wedges
– Melt butter in a large frying pan on low to medium heat
– Place the slices in the butter and allow to brown on each side
– After around 5-7 mins on each side, the celeriac should be soft
– Add stock cube to the boiling water and mix until stock has dissolved
– Add stock to celeriac, cover and allow to simmer on low heat for 5 mins or until completely tender
– Transfer to bowl, mash and serve!