Welcome once again to the cheap eat recipe collection where I aim to bring you healthy and affordable options or alternatives to your daily diet!
Breakfast has without question been one of the trickier meals of the day to address since I cleared up my eating habits. Although I’d love a combination of avocado and eggs on a daily basis, time is just never going to allow. So, today’s recipe offers a pretty tasty alternative to sugar and processed grain laden cereals.
Today’s recipe in for grain free granola. Now I was a HUGE granola fan and I can honestly say, this recipe not only fills the gap, but blows standard granola out the water..!
– 2 x cups of mixed nuts
– 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
– 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
– 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
– 1/4 cup of coconut oil
– 1/4 cup of honey
– 1 tsp. Almond or vanilla extract
– Pinch of salt
– 1 cup of raisins (optional)
– Place nuts, seeds and coconut flakes in blender and pulse a few times
– Preheat oven to 180c
– Heat the coconut oil, honey and extract together on a low heat in a saucepan. Continue to stir until mixed into a smooth consistency
– Add the ground nuts, seeds and coconut mixture to saucepan and mix until it’s evenly coated
– Spread the mixture out evenly in parchment paper lined baking tray and place in oven for 20 – 25 minutes
– Remove the baking tray, and add the raisins and salt. Mix together and again spread out mixture evenly
– Allow to cool for 20 minutes, breakup and enjoy with favourite milk choice!
As ever if you’ve enjoyed any of these recipes, please like, comment and share!