Welcome back to the cheap eat recipe series! It’s been a little while since I posted a new recipe and that may have something to do with me going pretty strict Ketogenic through January. Not that there isn’t many a flavourful keto recipe to follow, but more as my trial and errors have meant most meals have centred around cheese and fatty meat, which isn’t the most inspiring!
Anyways, back to the important stuff! So I do love a good pancake recipe and these ones are especially good. The keto pancakes take a few ingredients but once they’re in your cupboard, I guarantee you’ll be heading back to make them again and again.
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 2 tsp coconut flour
– 2/16 tsp stevia (If not watching the carbs to closely this could be substituted with honey, maple syrup or coconut palm sugar)
– 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp of baking powder
– 1 pinch salt
– 2 eggs
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 2 tbsp almond milk (can be substituted for cream/full fat cows milk/coconut milk)
– Sift the almond, coconut, cinnamon, salt and backing powder together in a bowel
– Crack the eggs and whisk up. Melt the coconut oil and pour into the egg and whisk again.
– Combine mixtures and add milk. You may wish to add more depending on texture of mixture. Don’t let the mixture be too runny.
– Melt some half a tsp of coconut oil in a pan on a low to medium heat. Place a palm sized amount of the mixture into the pan.
– Leave to cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles can be seen coming through, then turn and cook for around 2 minutes on the other side.
– Try mixing it up and adding blueberries to the mix next time!