Today’s recipe is a satiating low sugar containing desert that is as simple as they come and the perfect addition to not just a low carb or ketogenic meal plan, but pretty much for anyone with a pulse.
The main recipe is tinned coconut milk but you can make it using double cream too. The other key ingredient is 100% cocoa powder. Raw cacao is packed full of antioxidants and can be truly beneficial when taken in moderation. Check out this old post for more information around the impressive power of cocoa; https://nutrition4fighters.wordpress.com/2017/03/05/chocolate-a-superfood/
– 400g coconut milk(put the tin in the fridge overnight if you remember)
– 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
– 1 teaspoon stevia (optional)
– 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or pure vanilla seeds)
– Pinch of decent quality salt
To serve: Cocoa nibs & fresh berries (both optional)
1. Whisk the coconut milk until all combined and add the stevia* and vanilla.
2. In another bowl sift together the cacao powder and salt and fold into the coconut mix.
3. Dish in small bowls or silicone cupcake moulds. Leave this to chill for at least 2 hours to let firm up.
4. Serve with fresh fruits and cacao nibs. They are very moorish so you’ve been warned!
* You can replace the stevia by 2 tablespoons of maple syrup