Everyone loves a little cheat meal here and there, straying away from the optimum healthy choices to indulge the taste buds. Today’s post though gives you a healthy version of the cheat day special – chips, (aka fries for our American cousins!).
These super tasty chips are not just a carb heavy cheat meal special, they’re also ideal for fuelling or refuelling for heavy training sessions that require an anaerobic (all out) sustained effort.
Try pairing with recipe for the perfect steak from Ben Greenfield; https://nutrition4fighters.wordpress.com/2018/11/24/ben-greenfields-recipe-for-cooking-the-perfect-steak/
– 1 large Desiree potato (it does make a difference)
– Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 1/2 tsp of paprika
– Salt & pepper
– Peal potatoes & half
– Place in boiling water and blanch for 3/4 mins
– Remove and slice potatoes into thick fingers
– Place in greased pan. Add extra virgin olive oil & paprika. Mix and coat the chips evenly.
– Place in pr-heated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes, removing and stirring the chips at around 10 minutes.
– Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving