This is a super tasty breakfast option that brings a little variety to the standard porridge. We’ve got all your macronutrient needs covered with adequate amounts protein, carbohydrates and fats.
Adding an additional source of carbohydrates makes it a great pre workout meal also if you have a more strenuous training session planned. I’ll include calorie calculations with and without the banana.
If you’re not having to be too regimented with your calories, I’d also recommend getting a little creative and try including different berries, seeds and nuts for example.
- 45g plain unprocessed oats
- 90ml of semi skimmed milk
- 25g scoop of whey protein (or protein source of choice, note possible variations in calories)
- 1 tbsp of unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 medium banana (optional)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- If using banana, mash it using fork or processor and combine it with oats in an oven proof bowl
- Add milk, protein & salt. Stir ingredients till there’s an even consistency
- Make small well in the middle of the mixture and add peanut but before covering back over with the oats mixture
- Allow to heat for 15 minutes, allow to stand, cool down and enjoy!
Calories (without banana) 417kcal
Calories (with medium banana) 522kcal