Welcome to cheap eat nutrition recipes, simple and affordable healthy alternative options for those looking to enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
So today’s recipe is a great option for not just paleo but also keto diet followers. Keeping with the paleo theme following paleo pesto in last week’s recipe, here’s a delicious breakfast alternative to oats – paleo porridge!
This recipe has a great healthy and sustaining fat content that will balance your blood sugars and keep you going all morning.
– 2 tble spoons almond butter
– 1/4 cup shredded coconut
– 6 tble spoons of full fat coconut milk
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon
– 1 tsp raw honey/maple sryup (optional)
– chopped nuts
– 1 tsp of cocoa powder/cocoa nibs
– Mix all the ingredients apart from honey/sweetener in a pan till coconut milk and almond butter blend into each other
– Gently heat and continue to stir
– Add sweater, cocoa powder or nibs and chopped nuts if desired
– Continue to stir for 5 – 10 minutes on low heat and serve
So, please let me know your thoughts and whether you enjoyed paleo porridge and whether you would make any adjustments to yours?
Till next time