Welcome back to another cheap eat nutrition recipe, your first stop for quick, easy and affordable nutritious meal and snack options! For plenty more recipes and ideas, please be sure to check out the cheap eat nutrition Instagram page; @cheap.eat.nutrition .
Ok, so today’s recipe is a particularly good breakfast option but wouldn’t go a miss for pretty much any meal of the day! I call it the baked peppered egg.
Although the baked peppered egg is not exactly a ‘peppered egg’, the addition of a just a few ingredients make it far more appealing than just that! This is a great option for a low carb breakfast whilst similarly getting a good few nutrients on board.
– 2 eggs
– 1 large bell pepper
– Handful of spinach
– 4 medium sized mushrooms
– Parmesan cheese
– Salt & pepper
– Thoroughly wash all vegetables
– Preheat oven to 180c
– Cut pepper evenly down the middle, removing the stalk, core and seeds
– Crack eggs individually and pour one into each half of the pepper
– Slice mushrooms and spread out evenly with spinach over the eggs
– Grate the Parmesan over the top
– Season with salt & pepper
– Place peppers in oven for around 15-20 minutes. Check egg whites are white prior to removing.
– Remove from oven and serve!