Welcome back to the Cheap Eat Nutrition recipe series! These recipes aim to prove that nutritious whole food recipes are adorable and easy for one an all.
Today’s recipe is a spicy little number, none other than spicy beetroot chips! Beetroot is an acquired taste, one that I have never been too big fan of. Beetroots however are incredible nutritionally dense source of healthy carbohydrates. Its ability to positively effect blood pressure and flow having the impact to help everyone from the elderly to high performance athletes.
If you want to learn a little more about beetroot as a superfood, check my previous short post – http://whatsuppblogblog.com/2018/01/20/snack-hack-15-beetroot-for-improved-wellbeing-enhanced-athletic-performance/
Ok, so as mentioned I get beetroots aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but this recipe could just be the mind changer! Let me know how you get on..
– 1 large beetroot / 2 medium beetroots
– 1 tbsp of coconut oil
– 1 to 2 tsps of chilli flakes
– 1 tsp of oregano
– Salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Half the beetroot and slice. Try to make the slices as thin as possible, this will add to them having a more chip consistency.
3. Spread chips evenly on baking tray. Take tbsp of coconut oil and coat the chips. Be sure to rub the oil in to each chip using your fingers for an even spread, (this will make difference!).
4. Sprinkle over oregano, then chilli flakes. I like to be pretty liberal with the chilli, but modify to your own taste of how hot you like.
5. Finish off by sprinkling salt & pepper. Place in the oven and check at 8 minutes. Give a stir round if some aren’t cooking as well. Heat for another 8 – 12 minutes depending on how well done you like.
6. Serve & enjoy!
One thought on “Cheap Eat Nutrition # 32 – Nutritious whole foods on a budget – Spicy Beetroot Chips”
Really delicious! Liked the spice
LikeLiked by 1 person