Today’s recipe is another snack time treat and is a perfect option for a pre workout or rest day snack.
Almonds are one of the stand out ingredients in this recipe. They contain vitamin E, calcium, and iron. Vitamin E contains anti-oxidant properties and supports immune function. Calcium is important for maintaining the structure of teeth and bones and Iron helps in the production of certain hormones and getting oxygen to muscles.
There’s a good amount of healthy fats, some carbohydrate and protein.
– 75g almond flour
– 120g oats
– 50g mixed nuts
– 3 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
– 3 tbsp coconut oil
– 3 large eggs
– 3 tbsp of honey
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees
– Ground oats in processor and mix together with ground almonds and cacoa powder.
– Roughly chop nuts and add them to mixture.
– Combine coconut oil and honey in a bowel and place in microwave. Heat mixture until melted. Remove and whisk together.
– Crack and add eggs to honey and coconut oil mix. Whisk until the mixture is evenly combined and smooth with lumps.
– Add liquid mixture to dry mixture and mix thoroughly.
– Use small amount of coconut oil to grease the sides and bottom of a small cake or pie tray similar to that in the recipe picture.
– Place in the preheated oven for 45/50 minutes. Check the cake is cooked by piercing it with a knife, if it comes out clean, you’re good to go.
– Allow to cool for 5 minutes, slice and serve.