Write, today’s recipe is a banger of a post gym session or recovery day treat. They can be cooked up, allowed to cool and taken as a post training snack or even better, served fresh and eaten any time of day or night!
The spice of your choosing is a particularly nice addition with a personal fave being nutmeg. Also, I’ve proposed using Whey protein. Whey protein has been proven to be the best choice for muscle protein synthesis, due in part to its high leucine content. However, do just use your protein powder of choice.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of whole oats
- 1 medium banana
- 1 scoop of protein powder
- 1 tbsp of Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of either nutmeg/cinnamon/ginger
- Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth
- On a low to medium heat, melted a small amount of oil in frying pan
- Place palm sized portion of mixture into the pan. Allow to cook until bubbles start come fully through the mixture, (around 2/3 minutes)
- Flip and and heat other side for around a minute
- Serve and enjoy!