So today’s recipe is a perfect post training meal packed with protein, glycogen replenishing simple carbohydrates, and fibre and micronutrient dense veggies.
Although beef is not always the leanest of meats, it makes up for this with its micronutrient density including a number of B vitamins, iron, potassium and zinc. I’ve opted for 5% fat here also to reduce the saturated fat content.
500g beef mine – 5% fat
500g Fresh tagliatelle pasta
2 x cups of red cabbage (diced)
1 x onion (diced)
1 x tin (400g) chopped tomatoes
1 x medium carrot (grated)
2 x tbsp of paprika
2 x tbsp oregano
1 x tsp of mustard powder/chilli powder
1 x tbsp coconut oil
- Melt the coconut oil on a low heat in a large frying pan or wok. Stir in the paprika, oregano mustard or chilli powder, forming a paste.
- Add diced onion & red cabbage. Stir thoroughly on a low heat, cooking till onion is translucent.
- Add beef, stir and cook till the mince is browned.
- Add tomatoes & grated carrot. Place on lowest heat, cover and leave to simmer for 8-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the pasta to boiling water and allow to cook till your desired softness. Drain & rinse.
- Serve & enjoy! 👌
Total calories per serving = 595kcal