This simple alternative to your average commercially bought jam will change the breakfast game! It’s low calorie, high fibre and has a a good dose of vitamins and minerals to support your health and well-being.
Blueberries are particularly nutrient dense with a good dose of fibre, vitamins C, K and Manganese. Blueberries are also a great source of antioxidants. The main antioxidant compounds in blueberries belong to a family of polyphenol antioxidants called flavonoids.
Flavonoids are particularly potent at clearing up damage caused by oxidative stress, a by product of pollution, stress, exercise and even just breathing.
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of honey (optional)
- Place frozen berries and tbsp of water into a pan and gently heat until the berries are soft.
- Remove from the heat and mash with a fork. Add the chia seeds & honey, and stir well.
- Allow to sit and set for about 10/15 minutes, (or even do the the night before and stick in the fridge).
Total calories: 120kcal