This recipe is the perfect option to fuel both a heavy training day or just a super active one. You’ve got all you nutrient bases covered with a healthy dose of easily digestible protein, slow release carbohydrates, fats, vitamins & minerals.
- 2 x large eggs
- 2 x slices of brown bread
- 2 x tsp of Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 x tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 x cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 x cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 x tbsp of water
- 2 x tsp of chia seeds
- 1 x tsp of honey
- Follow recipe for the Super Berry Jam here – (will take around 15/20 minutes total) – https://nutrition4fighters.co/2021/10/16/super-berry-jam/
- Crack both eggs into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Poor contents into baking size container in which both slices of bread can fit.
- Place both pieces of bread side by side into container. Allow them to absorb for 1/2 minutes until flipping over and repeat until all the egg absorbed.
- Melt the coconut oil on low heat and ensure the pan is well covered. Now place the pieces of bread next to each other and cook on a low to medium heat 4/5 minutes each side until done.
- Sprinkle over the cinnamon and top with the jam before serving.
Total Calories (without jam): 380kcalTotal Calories (with jam): 500kcal