Welcome back to a long overdue post! Today is a recipe that although perfect for the athlete, will also suit anyone in need of something on the go.
The athlete’s breakfast loaf has a healthy combination of carbohydrates, protein and fat. Although it may take a little time to prepare the day before, it’ll definitely save time in those morning rushes and ensure you get some nutrients in you first thing.
200g Greek yogurt
2 tsp of baking soda
1 handful of walnuts
1 handful of dried fruit
1 handful of mixed seeds
– Blend the oats by themselves in a mixer
– Combine all dry ingredients in bowl and mix together
– Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
– Place mixture in grease paper lined bread tray and pat out evenly
– Cover tray with grease proof paper
– Cook in oven at 175c for 60 minutes
– Remove, tun over and cook for another 15 minutes
– Remove, allow to cool and enjoy!