So here we have a post for the new to spice up those January diets and healthy eating plans!
This simple pesto dish can spice up your pasta nicely whilst also giving you some added well needed nutrients. We’ve got fibre dense Kale, a great source of phytonutrients, calcium, Vitamins C, E and K. There’s walnuts which have a good amount of plant based Omega 3 fat as well as Iron, Potassium and Magnesium.
Lastly, Extra Virgin Olive Oil. This is actually a micronutrient powerhouse. Studies have indicated that extra virgin olive oil is anti-inflammatory, contains abundant antioxidants and is very good for the gut. It is also beneficial for vasodilation, which is the widening of blood vessels, hence supporting blood flow round the body.
- Two cups of Kale
- 15g Walnuts
- 1 x tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (cold pressed preferred)
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 x tbsp of lemon juice (optional)
- Chop Kale roughly and remove stalks
- Add Kale, EV olive oil, black pepper and lemon juice if using, to a food blender and thoroughly blend. You may have to spoon down the sides a few times to ensure a smooth a consistency as possible
- Add Walnuts and pulse in the blender, ensuring they’re only roughly broken up and not completely smoothed out
- Add to cooked portion of pasta and thoroughly mix in 👌